Certifications and Financing Opportunitites
In partnership with Workforce Development, LYP Visionary offers industry-recognized certifications in the following fields:
Hospitality and Tourism
The hospitality and tourism industry leads the future as one of the largest growing work segments, offering career-minded individuals a rewarding, fast-paced environment with multiple career paths.
The hospitality industry is one of dynamic growth potential, with more than 200 industry careers available in a number of different disciplines.
• 50% of hotel general managers began their careers at the entry level. (2014 AH&LA Lodging Survey)
• Lodging serves as a top ten industry in 48 out of 50 states, providing employment, investment, and opportunity. One of every 17 Americans, either directly or indirectly, work in hospitality-related jobs.
• Over the next eight years, it is estimated that the hospitality industry will add 3.3 million jobs.
• The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) calls tourism a key driver of socio-economic progress through export revenues, the creation of jobs and enterprises, and infrastructure development. It is responsible for 1 in 11 jobs globally and 6% of the world’s exports.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Hospitality and Tourism–
Skills, Tasks, and Results Training Program and Certification
This is a 180-hour START curriculum Hospitality Skills Certification covers one (1) of six (6) areas.
The START Skills, Tasks, and Results Training) programs offer flexible, inexpensive training and certification for in-demand hospitality positions. The program presents concise skills instruction that shows participants how to perform key tasks correctly and consistently, along with training in the soft skills needed to be successful in a hospitality career. It also provides instructors with training outlines and resources for presenting the material. Those who complete the training are prepared for the related certification exam (included).
START for Individual Positions are available in print and online versions. There are six line-level training packages:
• Front Desk Representative
• Guestroom Attendant
• Restaurant Server
• Maintenance Employee
• Kitchen Cook
• Breakfast Attendant
START for Individual Positions is intended for students in an academic setting or for workforce trainees who do NOT have access to on-the-job training.
Each course contains the following sections:
• All Employee Knowledge (START)
• Position-Specific Knowledge (START)
• Job Breakdowns (START)